- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation, a leading engineering consultant with more than 60.000 employees worldwide. Fluor supports various industries, ranging from Energy & Chemicals to Power, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Power and more. Additionally, Fluor is partial owner of several construction yards across the globe. And, we have recently acquired Stork, thereby greatly expanding our asset management capabilities. We offer strategic support to our clients across the globe 24/7, in all phases of the project life-cycle.
Fluor BV in Hoofddorp is a leading engineering consultant specialized in managing large and complex petrochemical and life sciences projects predominantly in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our office culture is very diverse: we have over 30 different nationalities in a workforce of about 700 employees. We are currently involved with one of the largest projects in Fluor ever: the design and construction of a new refinery in Kuwait.
To strengthen our Finance Team we are looking for a proactive and experienced Senior General Accountant:
General Accountants are members of the Finance Organization and are responsible for the day to day accounting activities of several (international) legal entities including preparation of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement, Tax filings and Audits.
The Finance Organization in the Hoofddorp office is responsible for over 25 - predominantly European - legal entities: all members of the worldwide group of affiliated companies of Fluor Corporation as well as several Dutch Special Purpose Vehicles for the Transportation Strategic Business Unit. The Hoofddorp Finance Organization currently employs 18 employees and is looking for an additional Sr. General Accountant.
• Maintains and ensures accuracy of the general ledger of several (international) legal entities
• Maintains and participates in development of Finance procedures
• Preparation of Balance sheet and Profit & Loss statement including supporting reporting and documentation for both management and statutory purposes
• SOX compliance
• Treasury Activities
• VAT and Corporate Tax filing
• Annual, Tax and Sarbanes Oxley Audits
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
• Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting (HEAO/SPD);
• Candidate shall be fluent in Dutch and English; proficiency in German would be of added value;
• Knowledge of the Dutch law, and preferably the German law
• Good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products;
• Excellent communication skills;
• SAP R3 / Business Warehouse experience;
• Flexible hands-on work attitude and analytical skills
• We prefer local candidates
Other Job Requirements
• We prefer local candidates (Netherlands area)
• 5-10 years’ experience in a financial position, preferably in a medium size accounting firm or with a trust company.