- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Healthcare (Accident Benefits) Advisor for our Markham location to appropriately handle accident benefits claims according to individual authority, knowledge and expertise.
- Investigate motor vehicle accident injury claims
- Determine policy coverage, establish and adjust financial reserves
- Provide excellent customer service by focusing on customer demands, communicating in a manner that is simple and easy to understand, and actively handling the claim to closure
- Gather information at its earliest stage from the customers, health practitioners, employers, police, plaintiff lawyers, accountants, other insurers, witnesses, etc.
- Make decisions by considering all information, consulting resources, and pulling on expertise when required
- Take action that is fair and reasonable from the perspective of the customer
- Actively participate in coaching and training sessions, and collaborate with team members
- Take an active role in creating an environment of continuous improvement, avoid waste work and highlight value work
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 5+ years of Accident Benefits claims experience
- University degree or college diploma or relevant work experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Current Microsoft Office working knowledge
- Ability to adapt to and work with various computer programs, databases and software.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.