- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Instrument and Price Developer - 90229860
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:28 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Instrument and Price Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
The Instrument & Price IB Ref Data DevOps group is responsible for positioning Barclays to the future state data platform and inject automation and innovation into the way we build and deliver solutions to a diverse set of internal and external clients.
We are a global team of more than 100 people, and within our global remit include the responsibility for development and support of systems used Operationally, as well as by Research and Market Risk across all product categories.
Instrument and Price technology applications act as the strategic repository within Barclays for Instrument and Time Series (Pricing) data of instruments across all asset classes i.e. Fixed income, Equities, Rates, Commodities, FX. We retrieve data about instruments and their prices from vendors such as Bloomberg, Reuters, exchanges, central banks, Barclays internal sources, etc. and then store them in our systems and distribute them using various access methods (GUI, APIs, messaging) to other teams at Barclays
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
As a Instrument and Price Senior Developer, you would be part of the Instrument and Price Ref Data team and work on improving bank’s internal systems, which are core and critical for the bank’s day to day operations. You will be performing design and development activities on business-enabling, regulatory, audit and technology improvement driven initiatives in an Agile change delivery model. You will be:
• Performing technical analysis, design and implementation of enhancements to Master Data Management systems.
• Responsible for providing estimates, and reporting progress and issues on development work to management.
• Liaising with business users to achieve clarity on requirements and ensure that proposed solutions properly address these requirements.
• Deliver Code and Unit Test cases of the solution
• Undertake third line support tasks as required when production issues are escalated
• Apply design & system architecture skills to ensure continual improvements in performance and stability of core Instrument and Price systems
• Innovate. Introduce and adopt best practices in software development, while taking risk and time to market into account.
What we’re looking for:
• You should love working with multiple technologies and be a technology enthusiast
• You must be good at Java or C# and be willing to learn other technologies which we use.
• You must have good knowledge of relational databases and be confident writing SQL queries
• You must speak English fluently and be able to communicate in an international environment, because our team spans multiple geographical locations
• You must be a team player, who is positive and fits into our team
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of languages and technologies beyond Java and C#
• Experience with development of micro services in a cloud environment (Docker, Kubernetes/Openshift, AWS, Kafka, Spring Cloud)
• Experience with Oracle/PLSQL or MS SQL
• Experience with BigData, especially the Hadoop technology stack
• Experience with Linux and shell scripting
• Knowledge of Investment Banking, asset classes and trade lifecycle
• Experience in Agile/Lean development and familiarity with DevOps and Test Driven development concepts
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.