- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Senior Officer About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To perform specific duties as instructed by the team management and to assist the team management in overseeing the daily processing/ delivery of trade services by the team to customers.
The Role Responsibilities
- Verify transactions processed by Associates and release those that fall within own delegated release authority.
- Checking of and/or approving documents presented against Letters Of Credit.
- Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Comply with Group/ Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions including transactions having Red-Flag alerts to AML approvers.
- To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience while handling such transactions.
- Wherever complexity exists in the transaction, conduct review to ascertain whether the transaction has any Money Laundering aspects and escalate to AML advisors.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Trade Finance Department.
- Knowledge of core banking, products and operations with a good knowledge of Trade Finance Products.
- Well developed communication & analytical skills, ability to handle high priority issues on product delivery and strong interpersonal skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.