- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HONG KONG
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
A Senior Project Manager with domain expertise in Securities Services is sought to drive major elements of our strategic investment agenda for Securities Services, known as SS 3.0, with the 3 core tenants of being client obsessed, optimizing our business & growing exponentially. Role is required to define and execute specific investment projects which look to aid business growth (revenue, geographic, volume), improve client satisfaction, replace legacy technology, streamline processes and reduce operational risk. The role will involve all standard aspects of formal project management with a strong focus on delivery in a matrix environment and stakeholder management with sales, product, technology and operations. As we adopt new ways of working and transform into an agile organisation, this role holder will be required to drive Agile deliveries, planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams, providing exceptional value to business.
The Role Responsibilities
· Leading and managing large, complex projects, and defining and refining the project strategy. Using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for a project. The projects may consist of multiple Agile teams and require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
· Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
· Build strong project team working environment and relationships, managing and actively resolving conflicts.
· Assist in team coaching & empowerment while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work;
· Ownership of End-to-end (technical and non-technical) delivery of strategic projects including a major platform upgrade.
· Stakeholder management, ensuring all project communications are timely, accurate and professionally structured to meet varying stakeholder needs.
· Ensuring all elements of the project have strong hygiene, meeting internal project audit and compliance standards.
· Implement robust project financial management.
· Implement appropriate project structures to ensure smooth and consistent delivery towards defined project milestones.
· Lead relevant steering committees, senior management sessions and any relevant workshops.
· Implementing and managing a strong benefits tracking and traceability process within the project.
· Proactively manage vendors and internal/offshore teams to delivery milestones and quality parameters.
The Role Requirements
Proficiency in Agile, with a Scrum Master certification Project Management PMP or equivalent qualification Experience managing analysis streams and virtual / matrix management of technology delivery functions both offshore and with vendors. Experiences as a project manager (10 years) across the Securities Services or other related financial services domain at a leading financial institution. Proven vendor management experience (contracts/sourcing, negotiation, delivery, resourcing). Proven experience in developing, managing, and refining project strategy papers. Proven experience in successfully completing complex deliveries with interfacing teams across different sectors of the financial institution. Proven experience in managing scope where requirements and priorities could be dynamic. Proven experience of working and managing within Asia Must have: dynamic and driven approach to workloads: ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; capable of building relationships in multi-cultural, multi-geographical environments Mandatory: Excellent command over English and Korean languages (both verbal and written)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- ms project
- project manager