- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Project Manager – Strategic Stress Testing Platform - 90228122
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Project Manager – Strategic Stress Testing Platform
Czech Republic, Prague
About Risk, Finance and Treasury (RFT)
RFT Chief Operating Office (COO) is charged with becoming a world class provider of simple, efficient, innovative and secure operations and technology services to our colleagues in Group Finance Director (GFDf) and Risk functions.
About the Programme Integration Office (PIO)
The RFT Programme Integration Office is responsible for technology change delivery. IT Programme Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysis (non BU) align to the business portfolios and deliver strategic change in support of RFT / Group objectives.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for the successful delivery of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing three plus complex projects simultaneously
• Manages project teams engaged throughout the full delivery lifecycle. Delivery of projects supporting the business strategy from business case through to initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
• Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery (where applicable)
• Budget typically £1.5m.
Vision, Strategy and Direction
• Works with management to help define and implement aspects of the strategy and vision
• Translates gaps between current state architecture and strategy into a project plan/roadmap
• Champions the vision and strategy with team
• References the strategy in supporting decision making with the team.
What we’re looking for:
• Project Management Qualification and/or equivalent training / experience
• Experience of managing large projects in a financial and regulated environment
• Presentation and communication skills, managing senior (MD Level) stakeholders
• Experience of working in a controlled projects environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working on Risk, Finance and/or Treasury Projects
• Experience of working in large financial services organisations / banks
• Attention to detail
• Reporting and management of escalations
• Project Management Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM)
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.