- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently looking for an experienced Scrum Master to guide the development team in charge with customer facing services, such as CRM, Customer Support, Digital Marketing and Community Management.
Customer Solutions activity has an international footprint and company-wide impact integrating virtually all Ubisoft’s online tools and services. The Scrum Master’s role will be that of facilitator and with a “servant-leader” approach to guide the distributed Scrum organization (Montreal, Paris, and Bucharest), and encourage self-organization in order to ensure smooth, efficient, and quality-oriented development process so that the product evolutions meet clients’ expectations.
The Scrum Master will demonstrate strong organizational skills, outstanding communication and inner drive to succeed.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Scrum Master are to:
· Drive high-quality results/deliveries through discipline and effective communication;
· Ensure the administrative tasks, leadership and coaching necessary for the team to function under the Agile methodology
· Collaborate with the Product Owners / Business Champions and IT Manager in identifying and planning long and short term delivery flow strategy, priorities, objectives and requirements;
· Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and use them as a means to spot ways to help the team organize itself to deliver the sprint commitment from an early stage
· Coach team into a process of constant learning and reach a high level of efficiency in handling the tasks: understanding and adherence to the definition of “done”, best practices usage, collaboration
· Track project KPI’s, escalate variances as necessary and elicit standard project deliverables as needed (e.g. schedule, budget, RACI, process maps, risk registers);
· Define project communication plans and execute accordingly (e.g. roadmap workshops, steering committees, release and sprint reports, project status reports);
· Manage team's impediments: both administrative and operational.
· Upon release / project completion, manage hand-over process to the Product Operations team
· Assist Product Owners in managing and maintaining product, sprint and issue backlogs, as well as lead the delivery team into becoming self-managed;
· Ensure teams maintain focus on quality and continuous delivery; responsible for continual improvement of team practices;
· Agile Scrum Master certification
· Project Management training/certification (i.e. PMP, CSM, Prince2) is preferred;
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is an asset.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master / Agile Coach or a Project Management position
· 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry
· Excellent management and leadership skills
· Good skills and knowledge of prioritization, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, increasing transparency
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to persuasively advocate agendas to staff, managerial and executive stakeholders; effective communicator and moderator in distributed cross-functional teams
· Exceptional team building skills
· Ability to analyze data and reports to identify issues and develop recommended courses of action in proactive fashion
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills to help influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
· Self-motivated problem-solver
· Strong personal time-management skills and attention to detail; capable of detecting hidden problems and prioritizing, tracking and managing to resolution multiple issues concurrently
· Ability to demonstrate a track record of managing increasingly complex projects throughout career
· Solid, practical knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum or Kanban) and Agile practices (cross functional team dynamics, product and sprint
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.