- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
To manage key aspects of the Information Security Program in Aviva Canada, including: Security Transformation, Security Awareness and Training, Communications, and Risk and Reporting.
- Provide oversight of security transformation program, ensuring successful execution of project deliverables within scope, schedule and cost; provide support for security resource capacity planning, prioritization, portfolio balancing and alignment; drive budget forecast and financial planning
- Offer security subject matter expertise, where required, during design and implementation of new security tool, policies, and procedures.
- Build and maintain a security services catalog for both internal and external consumption in order to facilitate interaction of the security team with key stakeholders.
- Provide input and support efforts for vendor contractual negotiations, MSAs, SOWs and in setting expectations, business requirements and addressing issues
- Regularly develop and produce status reports and presentations for various audiences, including internal IT, risk committees, and board, as required.
- Collaborate with other colleague in cyber security team and key internal stakeholders to ensure that incoming projects are effectively operationalized.
- Coordinate with Aviva Group Information Security team to gain visibility into and conformance with global standards.
- Maintain security metrics through comprehensive reporting, including on-the-fly data mining, historical reporting, self-auditing and tracking capabilities.
- Design, implement and maintain an innovative information security awareness program based on industry best practices; ensure security awareness program aligns with company policies, standards and procedures and engages every employee to drive long term culture change.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance or a related field.
- An industry recognized certification (i.e., CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, GCIA, GIAC) is a plus.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in the relevant business background with knowledge in security practices, leadership, business processes and operations
- Experience in leading a security function within a large organization
- Project management experience with the aptitude to plan, manage and maintain complex enterprise-wide programs
- Experience in designing and implementing various programs, including governance, frameworks, processes, tools, scorecards and dashboards, under aggressive deadlines and with competing priorities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry authoritative sources, i.e., COBIT, NIST, ISO standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to keep abreast of latest cybersecurity threats and hacking techniques.
- Established background in managing team of project delivery professionals.
- Ability to foster cross-disciplinary collaboration throughout internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to present risks and propose countermeasures to non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated proficient decision making skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required.
- High technical capabilities with IT infrastructure, knowledge of client, servers, network and telecom.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.