- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Senior Software Engineer Company & department description
SWIFT is a global member-owned cooperative and the world's leading provider of secure financial messaging services. We provide our community with a platform for messaging and standards for communicating, and we offer products and services to facilitate access and integration, identification, analysis and financial crime compliance.
Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 banking and securities organisations, market infrastructures and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to communicate securely and exchange standardised financial messages in a reliable way.
As their trusted provider, we facilitate global and local financial flows, support trade and commerce all around the world; we relentlessly pursue operational excellence and continually seek ways to lower costs, reduce risks and eliminate operational inefficiencies.
Headquartered in Belgium, SWIFT's international governance and oversight reinforces the neutral, global character of its cooperative structure. SWIFT's global office network ensures an active presence in all the major financial centres.
Successful candidate will be located in our Kuala Lumpur office in Malaysia.
The successful candidate will work on the further evolution of the assigned project:
- Planning, collaborating, analysis, front-end layout design of assigned project, provide estimation of the requirement and other ongoing projects in team with Project Manager / Developer / Designer.
- Responsible to solve complex design of the projects and provides guidance to help team members.
- Maintaining and auditing code / design quality as per set guideline and standards in assigned projects.
- Testing of completed tasks in ongoing projects in team before sending updates to reporting authority/client.
- Remove all technical impediments.
- Focusing the team to ensure an on-time delivery of the agreed task.
- Facilitating code / design reuse.
- Excellent knowledge of Javacript MVC architecture and OOP programming style.
- Real production experience with Front-end framework technology.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML 4 & 5, CSS3, web standards and how to apply them.
- Experience in responsive design techniques.
- Progressive enhancement techniques.
- Strong experience in unit testing and code coverage.
- Experience handling different browser capabilities.
- Experience using build system tools as per industries standard.
- Comfortable working with IDEs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of version control systems like SVN, GIT.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education & Experience
- University degree in computer science, or adjacent domain.
- 9+ years of experience in a similar position in a comparable technical environment.
The following essential skills are listed in order of importance:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in front-end design and software design
- Extensive knowledge of Front-end framework
- Experience with automated testing techniques (Unit testing, Integration testing, ...)
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
- Front-end frameworks (GWT,Angular, React, Bootstrap ...)
- Performance tuning techniques on front-end
- Fluent in English
- Team player
- Adaptability & responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Familiar with Agile methodologies is an asset
What we offer
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10,500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.