- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior SQL Developer - 90211638
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:18 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior SQL Developer
Czech Republic, Prague
FiRM is responsible for helping to drive returns and manage financial resources as well as structuring and financing activity across Barclays International.
Hypercube is an innovative internal application developed within Barclays that supports horizontal integration across the business. The system provides users with access to complex business data and calculations, by integrating multiple data sources using virtual adapters. Currently the Hypercube platform has over 500 unique weekly users, 2000 registered users and delivers over 4000 reports every day.
This role would suit individuals looking for a new challenge and seeking an opportunity to play an integral role developing data virtualisation solutions within FiRM and for use across the wider organisation.
The role primarily involves virtualising a number of varied and disparate data sources using Hypercube and other technologies where appropriate. It is a multifaceted role involving analysis, SQL, technical and innovative .net engineering, testing, release and quality management. Successful candidates will work as part of a small team for technically literate business stake holders and interface with other technology teams across the firm. While the core goal is virtualisation, opportunities exist to make fundamental changes to platforms that will benefit a wide user base. Hypercube in particular is highly service based, scalable, flexible and extensible infrastructure that can be easily modified to suit business requirements.
What will you be doing?
• Member of a development and solution provider team responsible for building the virtualisation solution and contributing to Hypercube
• Participate in overall strategy & design through technical discussions.
• Through building bespoke data providers help unlock business value by connecting more internal systems to allow that data to be accessed via the Hypercube infrastructure
• Work with clients to understand how best to leverage data to solve their business problems
• Work within the development team to provide peer code reviews before code integration and deployment
• Proactively problem solve and suggest future enhancements by working with both business and technology teams to understand their requirements and the business problems being resolved
• End to End delivery of virtualisation components including design, build, unit testing, regression testing & documentation of changes
• Transform business level requirements into generic features, which all business areas can benefit from – taking ownership of components
• Actively supporting our user base and establish rapport and trust with them
• Answer client queries on a Q&A site, chat channel and email
• Understand technical and regulatory matters and ensure compliance and adherence to any relevant policy
What we’re looking for:
• SQL development (MSSQL preferred but not essential)
• .NET development (alternatively Java/Scala)
• Experience of SOA
• Experience of software testing, unit, integration, stress and load tests
• Good time management, prioritisation and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of scripting languages such as R and Python
• Creating/Maintaining concurrent systems
• Experience of Data Integration tools or BI such as Composite, Spotfire etc
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.