- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About the Role
We're looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (Talent Partner at Airbnb) who will be a strategic partner to our business in China. This person will be a key part of China Talent team and be an advisor and thought partner with our business client. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need a “Talent Rock Star” to come in with a hands-on attitude and develop already existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to continually drive our mission and goals.
This role will report to the China Talent Director.
Business Partnering Responsibilities
- Partner with teams based in China and also in extended team in San Francisco.
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needs to optimize business performance.
- Actively partner, coach & develop leadership in team members, managers and individuals.
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the regional and global talent team and senior leadership.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Mediates between team members when appropriate and escalates to senior leadership and the broader talent team if necessary.
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience.
- Partner with Global Talent and COEs to ensure global alignment and best practices can be shared across regions
- Educate employees and managers on our compensation and benefits program.
- Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs.
- Partner with China Legal and Global Employee Relations (ER) team on handling ER issues in compliance with employment regulations.
- Assist the business with all aspects of the Talent Management process and performance reviews.
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on various office initiatives.
- 10+ years of progressive Talent/HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment.
- Have prior experience working in a multinational environment to partner with all levels stakeholders outside of China.
- Robust understanding in Employee Relations, China labor law and related regulations.
- Prior experience to support full functions team such as product & engineer, service, business development , online & offline operations etc. will be an advantage.
- A high energy, thoughtful Talent Partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team.
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small.
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Self directed and highly independent. Comfortable with being remotely managed.
- Great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams.
- Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!