- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Tax Consultants - Indirect Tax
Market leading and growing position of EY and our Indirect Tax (VAT, customs, excise) team has created opportunities for new ambitious talents to join the team. You will have the support of a strong team with proven expertise in this area and the opportunity to learn and accelerate your career. Our VAT professionals help clients identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks, including tax dispute resolution. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals. They also team with other EY professionals (Assurance, Advisory, Transaction Advisory) on multidisciplinary client work. We are looking for Senior Tax Consultants with a few years’ experience to join our team to help drive the VAT practice forward.
Your work will be challenging and stimulating with missions widely spread across companies and industries. If you want to have a diverse and independent work that requires dedication and initiative this is the right position for you.
Your key responsibilities
As one of our indirect tax professionals, you will provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly in the disruptive compliance environment and increasing digitalization of the Tax authorities. You will advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT), customs duties, or excise effect the client’s supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
Skills and attributes for success
• Genuine interest in Tax and Indirect Tax
• Analytical mindset and social intelligence in order to work in a multicultural environment
• Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
• Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
• Innovative working methods, ambition for challenges and ability to adapt to changes
• Ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
• Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients’ environments and providing exceptional service
To qualify for the role you must have
• A suitable academic degree in the field of Law, Accounting or Economics
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools
• Fluent English and Lithuanian
• Good business understanding
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
• An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
• International experience, either from studies or work
• Good academic credits
What we look for
We are most interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You are social and outgoing and like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in tax. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in indirect tax, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
As a consultant in EY you get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. At EY we value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Moreover we offer excellent conditions, in a stimulating, inclusive and enjoyable working environment. We offer:
• We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• Developed system
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.