- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Technical Project Manager
Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features backlog and specifying requirements
- Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
- Facilitate convergence of functional and technical
- knowledge and build project teams
- Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
- Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required. Manage procurement and onboarding process
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. Partners with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong professional experience.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.