- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Petaling Jaya
Senior Transaction AttorneyIntroduction
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities : The role is a senior transactions attorney role, the second most senior in the IBM Malaysia Legal Team, reporting to the Malaysia Country Counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for primarily providing legal advice and support to the IBM general business in IBM Malaysia & Brunei, including providing end to end legal support for RFP submissions, customer contract negotiations, including large complex transactions. The role also advises on contract interpretation issues, vendor contract management, compliance, ethics and regulatory and financing matters.
IBM's business is diverse, expanding and evolving so it is a very exciting time to join and be part of strategic businesses, such as Big Data, Internet of Things, Cloud, Cognitive, etc, in addition existing solutions such as technology outsourcing, infrastructure services, application management, technical support services.
The role is primarily based in Kuala Lumpur and will also support the wider ASEAN team where required and will provide opportunities to mentor and coach other members of the team.
- 8-12 years PQE. Significant experience as TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY preferably inhouse experience in any of the following industries: Technology/ Energy/ Industrial/ Utilities/ Telco
- Malaysian Citizen
- Legally qualified in Singapore/ UK/ US/ ANZ/ Malaysia
- Strong legal analytical skills and sound people and organizational skills are required
- Absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Ability to advise with an eye as to the commercials of a matter
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work enviroments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.