- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission ✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As Senior UX Designer, you will be joining the Product Development division in which you will be joining one or multiple (up to two) feature teams. Each feature team is responsible for a particular domain, and it is expected that you will own the domains that you become part of quickly, allowing you to solve problems that our users face in a particular domain.
As a Senior UX Designer, you are able to explore different concepts, quickly come up with different prototypes, narrow down ideas, create detailed yet elegant design solutions and iterate on your work based on feedback. Together with a Product Owner you help engineering to ship your solutions. Meanwhile, you help to evolve our Design System Library in order to build beautiful, modern yet practical UI.
Who you are:
- A product-oriented person: you love creating products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- Customer focused: our users are your most important stakeholders.
- You constantly educate yourself on the latest design patterns and industry trends.
- Curious by nature. You like to understand a problem properly before jumping to solutions.
- You have a strong track record collaborating with product & engineering.
- Proactive mindset, you help to identify friction and areas for improvement.
- You have a proper business understanding and are analytical. Design is there to solve problems, which can be translated in numbers at the end of the day.
- A critical thinker. Design solutions need to be simple yet consistent, and you make sure this is the case.
- Last but not least you can easily identify yourself as being a person that enjoys being pragmatic, a team player and that accept challenges with a positive mindset, finding solutions! About your experience:
- You have at least 5 years of meaningful product design experience
- You have experience with Design Thinking practices
- You are up to date with tools like Sketch/Adobe XD, Zeplin & Invision
- You are able to design in systems, not just elements or pages
- A technological background in frontend is preferred About Design @ HousingAnywhere:
HousingAnywhere is a product oriented company, in which design plays an important role. Our product development team is currently in a scaling phase. We have ambitions to expand the amount of (mostly frontend driven) feature teams, which are all in need of design to come up with the best solutions. We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. For this reason, designers are part of the feature teams and as a group form a chapter.
We are currently building a Design System Library based on Material Design principles. We are using Material Design principles as we believe in common design patterns and in order to reach consistency and speed of development. Benefits
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What we offer:
Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 90 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Starting: ASAP
- Relocation/work permit support provided Do you have more questions?.
Email Claire at Claire@housinganywhere.com