- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
In this position, you will be responsible for the signal integrity design support for the next generation server board and system product based on Intel Xeon Processor and chipsets.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understanding and interpreting the board level Signal Integrity (SI) modeling and guidelines
- Generate design rule to guide routing design
- Interacting cross function team for ensuring the proper implementation of high speed interfaces such as QPI, DDR, PCIe, SATA/SAS, and system SI for clocks, power, and others
- Review layout
- Conducting SI simulations and timing analysis, and correlating simulations with system measurements
- Work closely with ODM for successful project release
- Interfacing with other hardware engineers, printed circuit board (PCB) layout designers, board fabricators, and other Intel teams to define the physical aspects of a design
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, research, and relevant previous intern experiences.
- Must have an MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- having below skill sets are a plus
- Digital and high speed design
- Transmission line theory, high-speed PCB design, and transmission line modeling
- Board stackup, trace geometries, and impact on signal integrity
- Signal integrity modeling tools (ex: Ansoft) and signal integrity analysis tools (ex: HSPICE)
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and layout process and methodology
- Cadence Concept schematic, and Allegro PCB layout CAD tools
- Lab equipment such as TDR, VNA, digital scopes, logic analyzers, and multimeters
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
About the company
Intel is a place where employees can pursue their passions, support world-changing initiatives, and thrive intellectually.
Our employees are as diverse as our customers, vendors, and colleagues in the global market. This worldwide perspective helps us anticipate, and provide for, the growing needs of a changing marketplace. Here are a few examples:
The collaboration of Intel teams halfway across the world from each other was key to the development of our Intel® Centrino® processor technology.
The leaders of our Technology and Manufacturing Group use diversity to broaden team perspective on projects.
Our International Summit for Proliferating Ideas and Recognizing Excellence lets innovators from every country within Intel Corporate Services share ideas.