- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who You'll Work With
What You'll Do
This senior technical leader role requires a person with a background in software development with a mix of operations. Candidate must have experience building, shipping and operating at least one software-as-a-service (SaaS) product using at least one major cloud technology. The ideal candidate would have done several such products using several cloud technologies (VM’s/containers/cloud services) on several different clouds (AWS/Rackspace/Azure). This role will guide the development, deployment and operation of core cloud technology used by major Service Provider (SP) and Enterprise customers all over the world. The product being delivered is both a platform and a service. The emphasis of this role is to both do hands-on implementation and to influence and guide the platform development to be highly operable and efficient – for both development of new features and core operations. This can only be accomplished by a candidate with substantial real-world experience actually building, deploying and operating distributed systems using cloud technologies.
This is a very senior technical role oriented more towards the actual implementation and operation of the product. The candidate is expected to have strong hands-on skills and will guide and contribute technically to the product.
Who You Are
● 10+ years experience building complex API-driven systems – most of that in a cloud environment
● Significant expertise with distributed systems, ideally in a cloud environment
● Strong experience with Kubernetes and container technologies
● Strong experience with Docker and Ansible, exposure to automation tooling (chef/puppet/salt/etc)
● Very strong understanding of cloud technologies – has deployed more than one solution on the cloud
● Strong understanding of networking and complex networked software systems
● Significant experience with cloud technologies and DevOps approaches to modern software delivery
● Experienced with modern cloud-based software tools and approaches (Git, CI/CD, automated testing)
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Experience in Agile environments – both scrum and kanban
● Able to contribute beyond just coding (code reviews, demos, proof of concept solutions)
● Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
● Entrepreneurship — startup experience highly desired
● Must have experience shipping software in a successful customer-facing Cloud Business
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.