- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 6 months plus extensions. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large e-commerce client.
* You know how to build robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Web Services that support our global growth.
* Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Actively contribute to create autonomy within product teams throughout tools and frameworks.
* Share on-call rotations based on the rules of engagement negotiated with Product Development.
* Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
* Strong hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (the whole Hashicorp stack, SaltStack, etc.)
* Strong expertise with monitoring frameworks (Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus)
* You feel ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring and strong documentation.
* You are good on your own, but shine in a team.
* Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Expertise with Cassandra Kafka and Elasticsearch
* Deep network analysis experience a plus.
* Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities.
* Knowledge of Hadoop, administration, and performance tuning.
* Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
* Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.