- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SMTS Systems Design Eng. (8)
Location: Shanghai, CN
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Technical lead responsible for System and Silicon features enablement and Validation of AMD client APU/CPU products in our Shanghai R&D Center (SRDC) and drive to production system solution. Systems are integrated combinations of computer hardware components and software components.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Drive pre & post-Silicon platform validation definition & execution
• Define system specification, negotiate features with input teams and silicon designers
• Plan CTA Sub teams focused around high risk System areas
• Work with functional teams to prioritize and develop test plans for all aspects of testing
• Develop and drive detailed workflow for all development and Validation through Phased Validation Process
• Drive silicon validation, characterization and debug of existing and new microprocessor and chip-set products
• Drive solid solutions to technical issues and design challenges
• Work with PEO team to define fusing recipe and ensure test quality of silicon samples
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Prior experience with client PC and server system design and validation
• Prior experience with testing tools and environments, defect tracking and revision control
• Familiar with general Computer Architecture concepts and silicon features
• Familiar with Microsoft Operating Systems, virtualization software (VMware, Xen, et al), and validation/certification processes for each of these environments
• Familiar with system component compatibility and stress testing
• Familiar with high performance client IO adapters, drivers and stress testing
• Familiar with MS Office & MS Project tool suites
• Familiar with microprocessor bring-up and debug
Requisition Number: 70114
Country: China State: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.