- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As an Android Display/Graphics Software Engineer at Google, you will have the opportunity to pioneer, develop and build out our stunning visual experiences.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of programming experience in C/C++
- Experience in the areas of computer graphics and display subsystems: rendering, mathematics, computational geometry, display performance and quality, display frameworks and libraries or other display and graphic related technologies on Android.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, such as development, testing and deployment of embedded systems.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments and the development of Linux device drivers.
- Experience with mathematics, computational geometry, or other display and graphic related technologies.
- Experience with display or graphics hardware architecture.
- Develop the display and graphics software stack for Pixel devices
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Work closely with Android the platform teams and display hardware teams to land Android features on Pixel devices
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate