- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Tools and Automation Framework Design Engineer
Job Number: 114311520Santa Clara Valley, California, United StatesPosted: Sep. 13, 2018Weekly Hours: 40.00
The OTA/RF Systems design team is looking for a motivated and highly technical Software Tools and Automation framework Design Engineer with in-depth knowledge of Software methodologies. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Programming languages - Strong fundamentals with one or more of Python, C++, Java, C, Swift.
- Solid Understanding of Software methodologies, design pattern.
- Strong hands-on experience in Object Oriented programming with excellent debugging skills.
- Experience in ownership of the project right from design/development to complete maintenance.
- Advanced Python experience
- Extensive experience with UNIX shell.
- Experience with Web development using Python/Django or Similar MVC frameworks
- Full solution/ stack design experience and ownership.
- Able to design and maintain Relational Database
- UI design and implementation
- Proficient in using Git repository.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Perseverance to learn new things and execute in a dynamic environment
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Strong interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Work independently and within a team setup
- Willing to learn new stuff and dynamic to adapt to new projects.
- Socket programming, Networking
- Wifi/ mac layer basic knowledge (networking skills)
- iOS and Mac OS app development
- good to have some basic information in controlling Wireless equipments and Wireless technologies like WiFi, cellular, BT.
The engineer will be focused on design and implementing SW frameworks to evaluate RF parametrics and in developing some web based application and also some basic app development. You will be involved in innovation, creativity and designing the SW tools/applications for the latest iPhone, iPad, Macs, Apple Watch, and many other cool and innovative products. We want an engineer who is very resourceful and develop SW that does not exist.
BS or MS degree in Computer Science Engineering or similar 1 to 4 years of experience with the above mentioned skill set.
About the company
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, the Mac and Apple Watch. Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Specialties: Innovative product development, world class operations, Retail, Telephone Support.