- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. Innovation is high on our agenda, as the payments industry is rapidly evolving. That's why we foster the development of new and innovative solutions, such as instant payments, contactless payments, mobile payment solutions and digital identity services, allowing our clients to cater for the shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. Each year we process billions of payments, point-of-sale and ATM transactions. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that's what we do.
Being a central pillar of the Worldline Group, it's our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. A challenging job, as the European payments market - and therefore also our organization - is subject to continuous change. equensWorldline is a truly European company with office locations in multiple countries and a broad, international client base in numerous countries across Europe.
The work environment
You are going to be a part of CTO, department Security Operations.
The department Security Operations performs the Worldline operational security tasks, divided in four domains/teams:
- Key & HSM Management
- SOC & Security Services
- Vulnerability Management & PENtesting
- Identity Management & Access Control
The IMAC (Identity Management & Access Control) team provides support in access management for the whole Worldline group.
What will be your job?
The Solution Architect IAM will be primarily responsible for:
- - Technical lead, architect and designer of the IAM solution;
- Responsible for providing 3rd line of support for the IAM services and solution;
- Coordinating maintenance / life cycle management / obsolescence management.
More in detail:
- Operation support:
- Provide 3rd line support working directly with the client, their users, and development staff;
- Monitor, update, and close tickets in the ticketing system;
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) are being met in L3 Service requests;
- Maintain and refine the runbooks and troubleshooting guide;
- Provide support to the onboarding factory;
- Managing the knowledge management of the L1 and L2 team;
- Performance management.
- Change management. The Architect will lead the technical changes of the IAM solution. For example:
- Implementation of new IAM features and modules;
- New set ups for integrations (new IAM solutions, new connectors, new IT landscape);
- New design and implementation to strengthen our IAM solution (integration of WL solutions, flow designs).
- Obsolescence and life cycle management - take an active part in:
- Providing proactive advices to maintain the platforms (hardware, OS and IAM solutions);
- Lead the necessary upgrades in a timely manner.
What do you have to offer?
- General requirements:
- HVE working & thinking level / Bachelor degree;
- Security knowledge (preferably CISSP certified);
- At least 3 year experience in Identity & Access Management:
- ITIL-knowledge (preferable ITIL foundation certificate);
- Fluently in English (talking and writing); French is nice to have;
- Communication skills;
- Independent worker but also a team player;
- Ability to work global with functional as well as technical teams in a dynamic environment.
- Must haves:
- Knowledge of IAM tooling (RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle and/or NetIQ Identity Manager);
- Demonstrable knowledge of Approval / Fulfillment IAM processes;
- Knowledge of user stores (LDAP's / AD etc.);
- Knowledge of data stores (SQL);
- Experience working with Linux (Red Hat) and Microsoft windows 2008/2012;
- Tools: LDAP Browser, SQL Developer;
- Office automation (word, excel,( especially using various formulas));
- Understanding of XML structure;
- Experience with reporting.
What do we offer in return?
This is a full-time position (36 hours a week). Your hours will be set with the approval of your manager. We pay a good salary according to experience and eduction in the range of 63.400,- min. and 87.200,- max. You will be based in our Utrecht office.
Information and application process
For further information, feel free to contact Jan Bas Rozeboom, Department Manager, at the following number: +31631974281. For information about the application process, please contact Carolien Polman, Recruiter, at the following number: +31 (0)88 38 55 801.
You need to have a valid work permit.
A pre-employment screening is a part of the process.
Why work at equensWorldline?
Our culture is informal. Within our company, teamwork and clarity are very important, as well as customer-focus and a result-oriented approach. And of course...pleasure in our work! We work closely together with our colleagues in the different countries. English is our common language. As a result you really experience that you are part of a European, international company.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
equensWorldline does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.