- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa & recreation services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Adapting and role modeling brand standards at all times
- Training and inspecting the team on sanitation, maintenance of the facilities etc on a daily basis.
- Walking around all areas such as pool, retail, gym, spa etc. regularly to observe any issues and or concerns regarding standards and or maintenance.
- Responsible for AES in the department by role modeling Marriott culture and holding everyone accountable fairly and consistently.
- Training and developing the team to execute all job responsibilities.
- Motivate and hold team accountable
- Walk the talk and align with managers to ensure positive environment.
- Responsible for guest voice and tripadvisor results by training, role modeling and by holding people accountable.
- Assisting and Caring for Others - Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Managing Daily Operations of the area or department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
- Ordering, managing, and providing Supplies - Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Scheduling Work and Activities - Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Administering Performance Appraisals - Participating in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed
- Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns
- Supporting Management of Spa & Recreation Operations and Budgets:
- Managesoverall operations of spa & recreation department.
- Ensuresall employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehendsbudgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed toassist in the financial management of department.
- Managessupplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintainscleanliness of spa & recreation and related areas and equipment.
- Managespool and activities staff to ensure brand standards of hospitality andcleanliness are met.
- Ensuresall facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
- Scheduleswork/repairs as needed with the Director of Services and EngineeringDepartment.
- Maintainsand enforces safety standards and procedures with the spa & recreationstaff.
- Ensuresappropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handlingprocedures are followed by all members of the spa & recreation staff.
- Selectsand ensures appropriate training and certification of all spa &recreation staff.
- Schedulesand maintains appropriate coverage of all spa & recreation operations.
- Managesspa & recreation department man-hours and expenditures as budgeted.
- Providesongoing coaching and training to staff members.
- Makesfinal decisions regarding the opening and closing of the pools and spas,based on weather and condition of facility.
- Understandsthe impact of department's operations on the overall property financialgoals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets apositive example for guest relations.
- Interactswith guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handlesguest problems and complaints.
- Empowersemployees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizesguest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing oncontinuous improvement.
- Strivesto improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Solicitsemployee feedback, utilizing an "open door" policy and reviewingemployee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems orconcerns.
- Ensuresemployees understand expectations and parameters.
- Bringsissues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources asnecessary.
- Observesservice behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participatesin employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participatesin an on-going employee recognition program.
- Reviewscomment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supportsa spa & recreation orientation program for employees to receive theappropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Superviseson-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishesand maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees andensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Celebratessuccesses and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensuresproperty policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinaryprocedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and LocalOperating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Assiststhe Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa, gym,pool & any other recreation facilities as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- customer service
- human resources