- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Specialist Data Analyst
[Belgium, full time]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-d7eKWFc) Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As a Data Analyst at ING, you will play a crucial end-to-end role in the data-driven culture supporting our Customer Activity Monitoring Team.
More than 140 politicians from 50 countries got a shock in 2015 when the Panama Papers came to light, and criminal activities hit the headlines again in 2017 when the Paradise Papers were leaked. It has come to public attention more than once in recent years how much money laundering goes on. It is a multi-billion-dollar industry with large international structures that needs to be stopped.
Are you up for it?
You will be responsible for delivering valuable insights. You will devise the most effective ways to detect criminal behavior within legal framework. You will use all possible relevant data, from both inside and outside the bank, to trace money laundering and terrorist financing. Your day-to-day job would consist of the exploitation / analysis of data, resulting in different types of outputs, ranging from strategic studies, predictive modeling, data process improvements to the more operational delivery such as post-transaction monitoring.
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of an Agile environment by being a member of a multidisciplinary team of dedicated specialists. Your team consists of colleagues with a background in FEC, IT and data analysis. The team as a whole is responsible for the establishment and continuous improvement of post-transaction monitoring.
Your key responsibilities
- Generate, analyse and present data analyses in the field of Customer Activity Monitoring (CAM)
- Take part in the continuous monitoring, evaluation and improvement of post-transaction monitoring
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using SQL, SAS, Cognos ...
- Communicate these recommendations to the stakeholders using both analytical and business jargon when appropriate (written and oral)
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs, and accordingly translate them into an analytical approach
- Provide end-to-end data / analytical support for the stakeholders’ actions
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Specialist Data Analyst, you will need :
- To take ownership on mission and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the ‘go to person’
- Being able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders
- Being capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- Being a team player, having a valuable contribution to the collective goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- Being analytical: extremely curious, constantly looking for an explanation; analyzing sharply, concise & to the point
- Have an eye for detail, and you are very precise, critical and decisive.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or alike, and/or equivalent experience of 3 to 5 years within data reporting & statistics
- Experience in advanced modelling
- Experience with at least one of the following tools and techniques is a must: SAS, SQL.
- Able to cope with stress and flexible
- Good knowledge of English, and either Dutch or French
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.