- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Execute a variety of complex tasks in general accounting and treasury such as analyzing accounts, prepare statutory and corporate reports, reconciling intercompany accounts, analyze cash fund, ensure of transactions are booked correctly analyze variances, process bank transfers, enter bank information in SAP, direct contact with banks, review AP payments, expense report and payroll.
Constantly review international and Corporate policies and ensure local procedures are aligned.
Develop processes to make sure financial statements are performed in accordance with local and accounting policies and in compliance with all Abbott Corporate policies and procedures.
- Update local policies and ensure are aligned with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounting accurate and updated.
- Ensure all activities required for month end are complete and accurate.
- Prepare reports required from local institutions and Corporate.
- Attend internal and external audits.
- Maintain records in XIAM updated.
- Prepare reconciliations, investigate and adjust any variance.
- Prepare financial statements in local currency.
- Have direct and frequent communication with banks to ensure all process are aligned with Corporate guidelines.
- Participate or lead defined projects.
- Support activities or other areas (AP, Payroll, Finance).
- Preparation and follow up for metrics.
- Be the backup for Accounting-Finance Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 years of related work experience
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Preferred Qualifications & Education
- Free Trade Zone experience.
- Manufacturing companies experience.
- Softland ERP.
- Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- MBA preferred.
Accounting & Reporting
Costa Rica Alajuela : AVCR-1
Cr09Sal (Costa Rica)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.