- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Sr. Officer / Team Lead - Fund Accounting services About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To act as the local point for assigned clients for fund administration services i.e. fund accounting services, issues and to coordinate with respective Country Stakeholders on non-accounting report services / issues.
- To deliver best in class service in accordance with established procedures, regulations & laws to protect client interest and to exceed client expectations.
- To handle full sets of client's books including general ledgers, cash positions, distribution records, investment records and pricing records of investments under proper supervision. To ensure proper and accurate daily maintenance of client records.
- Identify problems and issues and discuss with Senior or Supervisor. Communicate with respective Country Stakeholders and other service providers in relating to daily operational issues under supervision of Senior.
- To manage risk, control and cost diligently to achieve optimal business results.
The Role Responsibilities
- To deliver service / reports to Country Stakeholders/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum and ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- To ensure accurate calculation and posting entries in relation to valuation including management fee, expenses, performance fee…etc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum and related documents such as fund's SLM.
- To ensure accurate capturing of trades / prices / Corporate Actions/ FX rates data and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of full accounting and client records of several investment funds books including general ledgers, cash positions, distribution records, investment records and pricing records of investments and support in fund administration related matters, such as recording and processing transactions, obtaining and verification of relevant documentation thereof and ensuring that investments are correctly recorded and priced, and accounted for Purchase and sale of listed or unlisted securities, Corporate Actions, Forward FX deals, OTC deals (Swaps, Options etc) and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Perform detailed review of the reports to CPC/clients including: Verification trades to relevant supporting, Ensure valuation of investments being checked to third party sources, Ensure appropriate accounting for complex investment, Ensure compliance with internal investment restrictions, external regulations and international accounting standards, if applicable. Identify issues and report to senior/supervisor with suggested solutions.
- Responsible for fundamental cash monitoring for the assigned clients, i.e. monitoring cash positions of clients and prepare cash projection reports.
- To be responsible for daily activities, cash & trade reconciliation.
- Preparing Portfolio Valuations, investment compliance reports or other reporting, as required.
- To calculate the Net Asset Value (on a daily, weekly, monthly or other basis as agreed) and deliver service / reports to CPC/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum.
- To ensure proper and accurate calculation and posting of management fee, expenses, performance fee…etc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum.
- Recording and disbursing dividends either by payment or re-investment.
- Calculating and disbursing payments of fees to the investment manager/advisor, custodian, administrator and other service providers as required.
- To ensure fund administration services fees are settled by the client on timely manner.
- Establish in-depth knowledge of the funds' underlying documentation, investment rules and regulations, KYC, AML, corporate secretary practices, IFRS and US GAAP.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of, interim and annual financial statements in connection with the fund's audit.
- Communicate with CPC and other relevant parties on daily operational issues (under appropriate supervision of Senior/Manager) and regular services review.
- To liaise with internal customers/stakeholders and senior team members to ensure completion of complex or exceptions-based process actions.
- To ensure clear and smooth communication with Fund Accounting Team, Transfer Agency Team, Fund Compliance Team, Custody Team and other operations team for timely updating / maintenance of client records.
- To setup client template in ACR for report delivery.
- Manage and avoid risks to clients, Bank / Group by ensuring prompt and accurate reporting to clients / management, timely rectification and / or monitoring of any discrepancies.
- To provide accurate statistics relating to Key Risk Indicator (KRI) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to help measuring and meet division objectives.
- To ensure all control/operating procedure and documentations are properly followed.
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Guidelines.
- To keep abreast of changes (internal and external) affecting Clients and communicate such changes, along with impact analyses, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication.
- To support Assistant Manager/Manager/Senior Manager, handle and delivery assigned ad hoc project within the deadline.
- Help to pass/Pass details to KL billing team to issue FS' invoices and follow up with responsible client for settlement.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in Accountancy or Banking/Finance/Business.
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant business/financial experience, preferably in the fund administration/fund accounting services, or financial services/investment;
- Good knowledge of fund administration services including fund valuation Mutual / Hedge funds and offshore private funds;
- Good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to handle variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients' requirements;
- Strong communication, client servicing and problem solving skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (English is a MUST, Cantonese and Mandarin are valued) and the ability to adapt these to work with both external and internal clients;
- The ability to adhere to established procedures but also to think proactively and to communicate suggested procedural changes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- ms project