- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Graphics Software Development Engineer – KMD and Display
You will be part of RTG (Radeon TechnologiesGroup) SW Customer Engineering team working on various Windows kernel mode software components i.e. KMD, Power and Display technologies for APU/GPU products and fixing problems from OEM/ODM customers to ensure the quality of software deliverables on-time to customers.
• Work closely with global RTG Software teams and Customer Engineering teams to provide support and solution for the enablement of the next generation of APU/GPU products and Windows operating systems to OEM/ODM customers.
• Resolve problems related to Windows graphics driver including triaging, debugging and fixing problems from customers. Have a strong emphasis on meeting customer requirements regarding features and schedules.
• Specify, design and implement new ASIC, OS and software features.
• Coordinate closely with peers both locally and internationally to ensure timely and effective communication of all assigned work activities.
• Coach and mentor less experienced staffs. Influence others as a technical leader.
• MS+ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering or an equivalent.
• Experience in software debugging on Windows operating system and familiar with kernel debug tools such as windbg.
• Programming device drivers under Windows or Linux environment.
• Minimum industry experience (Master: 3~5 yrs; PhD: 1+ yr).
• C/C++ programming (5+ yrs). Object-oriented design and programming (5+ yrs).
• A self-motivated team player.
• Good communication skill and able to work with stakeholders effectively.
• Knowledge of Graphics, Display and Multimedia technologies is a plus.
- operating system
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.