- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HONG KONG
Structured Products Paralegal/ Junior Lawyer - Legal / Taxation / Compliance Hong Kong
- Assist Lawyers in the Legal team in respect of structured product issues on all underlyings including equities, commodities, fixed income and credit (for Asia Pacific - Ex Japan) for SG group and client issuers.
- Review and draft documentation, and arranging execution of the above transactions and matters.
- Developing, testing and maintaining automation of templates for listed structured products issuances
- Assist with related processes and reporting.
- Reporting and escalating any legal-related issues to line managers as appropriate and coordinating with other members of the legal team
- Contact relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Required Competencies/ Qualifications
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in law or finance or information technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of (i) spoken and written English and (ii) written Chinese. Mandarin an advantage.
- Experience with building macros in Excel an advantage.
- Previous experience in financial services sector/ derivatives/ structured products an advantage.
- Interest in derivatives/ structured products.
- Attention to details and conscientious.
This is a fixed term 6 month contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the contract.
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
This is a paralegal/ junior legal position within the Legal structured products and listed products team. The successful candidate will join the Legal department and work closely with business lines in reviewing and preparing documentation in relation to structured products issuance.
Job code: 19000JP5
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 03/08/2019
Date of publication: 03/07/2019