- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Google designs and builds distinct consumer hardware that empowers our users to connect with Google’s largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. We need camera supplier development engineers (SDE) who specialize in high volume lens manufacturing and can enhance our hardware products into a beautiful experience for users. You'll need to be versatile and passionate for solving challenging manufacturing problems. You have strong technical acumen in the camera domain and will lead flagship projects in this role.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in design and manufacturing in an NPI role.
- Experience launching new products at contract manufacturer and ODM.
- Experience in the plastic optical lens manufacturing process. Experience with lens vendors to conduct FACA on lens related issues, and conduct DOE for process optimization.
- MS degree in Engineering
- Experience in Zemax and CO5 for lens design and tolerance analysis
- Proven bottom line project management experience including data handling, documentation, critical decision making and organization skill
- Working knowledge of quality and statistical tools and methods with hands-on experience in JMP and Minitab.
- Organized and methodical with great verbal and written communication skills
- Drive cross-functional activities in the supply chain for overall technical operational readiness in all NPI phases
- Collaborate with suppliers of components, module Integrators and the Google camera engineering team to oversee camera module manufacturability at module integrators including, qualifying new partners for sensors, lens and module Integrators
- Work with cross-functional product teams to resolve technical issues, early detection and highlighting quality risks to core teams and management, including DFM and spec waivers to the suppliers
- Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics in the factory and field and plans on addressing any issues
- Establish quality programs and manufacturing process control plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate