- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Supplier Quality Engineer primary responsibility is to support the supplier partnerships while driving Quality improvement initiatives at the suppliers to meet or increase customer satisfaction goals. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner; possess strong technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
The responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer are to ensure that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services. As part of a highly technical team, you will:
- Monitor and manage supplier quality performance and report quality metrics back to management.
- Drive quality performance improvement
- Work with our suppliers on Failure analysis, root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Perform supplier quality audit
- Analyze product cycle time and work with suppliers to implement good quality and lean practices
- Assist our suppliers in the qualification and implementation of important product or process changes.
- Participate in new product introduction by performing DFM, prototype assessment, First Article Assessment
- Manage the transfer and set up of new products to a manufacturing site. Provide the required training and documentation.
- Strong experience in high tech manufacturing
- Strong experience in PCBA manufacturing process (IPC standards) and component failure analysis
- Experience in supplier technical quality management
- Experience in DFM analysis
- Experience in Failure Analysis
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skill and ability to work under pressure
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Sciences Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- ASQ Certification for Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical tasks.