- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Systems Engineers in Cisco are technical leads that advice and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge. You’ll get to work across a vast portfolio of Switching, Routing, Wireless Lan, Network Orchestration, Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Things and Security.
This opportunity will touch a variety of Cisco technology solutions, focusing on the Global Enterprise business sector.
GES are looking for an experienced systems engineer up to SE III (Grade 10) looking to build out their career to the next level. The ideal candidate will have extremely strong Enterprise & Core networking skills with a flair and drive in datacentre technology and be able to participate with the Financial Services technical team. The ideal candidate will help drive key deals in selected Financial account as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a Global Cisco team.
In this job you will:
• Translate enterprise customer needs in high level solutions design.
• Bring new networking technologies to market.
• Liaise with the Business Units and Technical Marketing to understand our products, technologies and Services.
• Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
• Prepare model RFP's and response to customer RFP's.
• Conduct training and technical workshops for Customers and internal teams.
• Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
• Represent Cisco on community forums and customer facing events.
• Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
At Cisco you will be the first to benefit from what our technology can offer. Our approach is to enable you to be flexible in how you arrange your work, making sure you give and take the best.
Who You'll Work With
• Cisco Pre-sales delivers the message about the vital role the network plays to our customers and partners.
• New demands on the network are calling for new solutions: SDN, NSO, Orchestration, iWAN and more importantly, secure networks that can sense and enforce security threats.
• We help customers understand how to use these state of the art networks. And make it possible for them to achieve their business goals in ways they would never have imagined.
The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You Are
• Strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking , Datacentre virtualization, Orchestration and NFV for enterprise application orchestration is highly desirable.
• Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
• You bring 4 + years pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience.
• You have BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline.
• Preferably have CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certifications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Write and speak English fluently.
• Thorough understanding and deep dive into some or all of the following technologies : Cisco Solutions including but not limited to UCS Compute, Nexus 9k, 7K , ACI , Campus SDA, Policy Orchestration tools, iWAN and applicable branch office technologies
• Knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco certifications are preferred.
• Adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
• Adept at customer interactions from the CIO through to technical staff.
• Knowledge of sales cycle.
• Impactful verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
• Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience.
• Ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
• Good understanding of the market space and offerings.
• Ability to train and coach others in our enterprise technologies.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.