- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Afghanistan - Bagram, Bagram
AECOM has an exciting opportunity in Afghanistan on the
EAGLE contract a
Systems Administrator . Tha Administrator supports LAN, network segments, Internet, and intranet systemsMaintain system efficiencyEnsure design of system allows all components to work properly togetherTroubleshoot problems reported by usersMake recommendations for future upgradesMaintain network and system securityAnalyze and isolate server/desktop/network issues.Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific usersEvaluate and modify system's performanceIdentify user needsMaintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and securityEnsure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
Perform network address assignmentAssign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
Maintain network domain controller and file serversAdminister servers, desktop computers, printers, software deployment, security updates and patchesProvide users with information and instruction regarding profile setup using Microsoft Outlook and Internet
ExplorerCreate user accounts in Active Directory, reset passwords, delete user accounts upon departure or when no longer requiredMonitor status or mailboxes on all servers for compliance within established standards. Contacts users and initiates corrective actions to resolve identified problemsImmediately stops all unsafe actions.Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the AC FIRST Safety Policies and ProceduresInstills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries24. Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the AC FIRST QualityManagement SystemOccasional overnight travel to locations supported by AC FIRSTPerforms other duties as assigned.
- Active Secret / Tier 3
- Prepares and attend sensitive briefings
- Requires NIPR, SIPR & CENTRIXS access
- Must be able to obtain appropriate certification in accordance with DOD 8570 for IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+ ce, SCNP, SSCP) within 90 days of hire.
- One or more of the following certifications, or a higher-level certification is preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP): Windows 7
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7
- MCSA: Windows 8
- MCSA: Windows 10
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- CompTIA: Network+ ce
- CompTIA Server+ 9. CompTIA A+ ce
- Valid Driver’s license may be required
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Information Technology-related Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Systems Administration, Windows Server, and Windows Operating Systems
- Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements and/or educational achievements may be substituted for years of experience. Example: Two (2) years of experience is equivalent to (2) years of college and vice versa.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to start date.
- Basic PowerShell scripting
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods
- Must professionally communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face f) Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data h) Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during a 77-hour work week. b) Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. intermittently.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures. d) Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Prior contracting experience preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230603BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- windows 7
- windows 8