- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Systems Administrators embrace Google's motto to ensure millions of users can access the world's information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google's server infrastructure systems. You're highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you'll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
As a Linux Systems and Network Administrator, you will operate across the the Silicon design department.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding (e.g., Physics or Mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with scripting and writing/modifying code to improve monitoring or deployment (Python, Shell, etc.).
- Experience with NFS and File Servers.
- Experience with HPC queueing systems, including LSF, NetworkComputer, Slurm, HTCondor, Tractor.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform or other Cloud platforms.
- Fluency in multiple scripting languages.
- Excellent customer service, leadership, organizational, communication and interface skills.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of Google's products.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Support, maintain and deploy team-supported infrastructure and documentation.
- Work closely with various Network and Hardware Engineering teams.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate