- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Dar es Salaam
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that's not all - we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It's the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
The Tableau - BI Solutions Developer will combine technical expertise and advanced knowledge of BI toolset to develop and manage the self-service BI platforms - providing curated high quality data sources linked directly to blazing-fast in-memory database, and facilitating analysts and business users to self-serve information easily. The role will design, develop, implement and support enterprise initiatives around BI Platforms and take a lead on the development self-service of solutions from information stored in Fast In-memory database.
This role will also support in shaping and enhancing the overall BI platforms architecture while adhering to standards and guidelines during development and work closely with BI architects, data warehouse development team and help to identify reporting requirements across the organization, transform complex data models into self-service solutions, assist in the creation of reporting standards and data governance ensuring consistency & focused deliverables to stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Perform administrative and support activities across a high availability Tableau infrastructure including installation, configuration, server patches, security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Responsible for scalability and sustainability of Tableau architecture & design and take the ownership of data governance & data source/semantic layer development.
- Provide scalable solutions for handling large data volumes, maximising use of underlying in-memory database, complex reporting & interactive dashboards.
- Responsible for building & maintaining User groups and Data Security framework for BI platforms.
- Interact with all areas of the business to ensure the Tableau reporting environment fits with current requirements and drive new initiatives
- Ability to analyse and dissect user requirements and build Front End BI applications according to specifications.
- Work closely with the BI stakeholders to understand reporting needs and develop & deliver self-service solutions for dashboards, ad-hoc & scheduled reports with a clear business focus & requirements.
- Responsible for the development of high-quality Audit reports and interactive dashboards to monitor the usage on BI platforms.
- Work closely with the BI teams driving consistency in the transformation of existing reporting solutions bringing industry best practices into the organization.
- Establish and enforce data quality standards to meet BI and business needs
- Provide day-to-day support, mentoring & Training of BI Platforms to end users.
- Other tasks involve troubleshooting issues, bug-fixes, and technical support on client tools
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of experience in BI Reporting.
- 2+ years of Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Administration and Support. Experience in Tableau Product Suite (including 10.x or above).
- Experience with Tableau Scripting/Rest API, or any other programming language
- Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts Star-schema dimensional modelling, Snow flake etc.
- Strong SQL skills, including query performance tuning etc.
- Experience in Building, publishing data sources/semantic layer, customized interactive reports and complex dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Good experience with Tableau visualizations, dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Webtrekk, Pentaho and/or R/Python
- Any knowledge of the gaming industry
Our Inventors enjoy
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Fun socials - from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We've even got a football team
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons (for techies) and Designathons (for code-phobes)
- Six weeks' paid leave for each four years of service
Sound good? Then we'd love to hear from you.