- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We're looking for sharp, policy-minded operations professionals to join Airbnb's Customer Experience team. The team works directly with hosts, guests and third parties on sensitive issues such as our Non-discrimination policy or small claims. The resource will provide support to the global Customer Experience (CX) team on tax/legal topics, and collaborates with the Legal, Tax and Community Policy teams on various projects and initiatives. If you are an excellent communicator, have an interest in either tax or law, and can remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, customer-facing role, we want to hear from you today.
- Help Airbnb hosts and guests in accordance with internal workflows
- Meet weekly performance targets
- Prepare escalations to senior team members and, on occasion, internal stakeholders
- Monitor team email alias and respond to/triage inbound issues from colleagues
- Respond to questions from customer experience specialists via internal chat channels
- Respond promptly and professionally to consumer protection agency representatives
- Enforce Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy reviewing enqueued content items and handling elicitation phone calls.
- Bachelor's degree (liberal arts or political sciences or accounting preferred)
- 2+ years of working experience handling legal and tax issues is a plus
- Experience in client-facing roles; comfortable making/taking customer calls
- Computer literacy (excel a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Interest in tax/legal/policy issues and how they apply to Airbnb
- Personable, empathetic, customer-focused
- Resourceful, natural problem-solver
- Comfortable with ambiguity and works well in a fast paced environment
- Availability to work 40 hours a week (schedule may include one weekend day).