- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for a Technical Animator specializing in understanding character workflow and tools. Rigging, skinning and animation integration are the main responsibilities of Technical Animator. The ideal candidate should be capable of working with the Animation and Art team to ensure they are creating the high quality content with the tools and assets provided and that the pipelines are as efficient as possible.
Integration of the character assets and cinematics into the game engineDesign, create and test character rigs.
Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry.
Interact and collaborate with different teams (the art team, designers and programmers) to fulfill tasks according to production plan.
Design, create and test character rigs.
Maintain and test animation tools and pipelines.
Apply and maintain consistency for exported characters, props, and animations throughout the entire project.
Develop progressive techniques and process to solve character and animation challenges.
Proactive in problem identification and creating solutions.
Interact and collaborate with the different departments (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
- 3+ years’ technical animation experience in multiple shipped titles.
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets.
- Good understanding of animation principles and anatomy.
- Experience with Motion capture and data transfer.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Motion Builder, 3ds Max, Photoshop.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Demonstrates the independency, efficiency and commitment to projects/tasks
- A good team player with strong cross-group communication skills.
- Good learning ability, looking for improvements consistently.
- A gamer with the passion and confidence of creating top-quality games.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written or having the willingness to learn and improve
- Experience in MEL, Python, C# or C++ is a Plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.