- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location: Rotterdam, NL Other locations: Velddriel, NL; Krefeld, Germany. Position Purpose & Summary The has the responsibility of developing Cargill’s value added nutritional solutions business in Western Europe, with dominant focus on the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. The most important priority is the continued growth of our swine business together with our feedmill customers through the nutritional support of our customers nutritionists and sales teams. This approach will add value to the farmer by having improved access to world class nutrition solutions. Principal Accountabilities 80% Technical Sales
- Develop and grow Trusted Advisor partnerships with target customers (feed mills) based on high nutritional solutions expertise. Researches and identifies customer requirements/expectations for complex prospective customers.
- Cultivate and document broad and deep understanding of the customer’s business (economic drivers), strategy and (nutritional) needs.
- Creates and delivers distinctive (nutritional) value to the customer and the customer’s customer.
- Develop and maintain key-account plans, regularly reporting progress and forecasts as input for the regional commercial business and financial planning.
- Grow the business (delivering upon targets, measured by volume, complete feed equivalents and gross margin) through application of the Cargill Sales Framework and Cargill’s nutritional technology.
- Pro-actively develop technical skills and expertise facilitated by the Industry Leading Practitioner framework to build and sustain superiority in applied animal nutrition and ability todeliver nutritional services partially independent of second-line technical support. 20% Leadership & Connectivity
- Pro-active teamwork to contribute to the overall key account management goals.
- Pro-actively shares best practices and solicits those from others.
- Consults and pro-actively provides input to the CPN EU Strategic Marketing & Technology team to strengthen the portfolio (including lifecycle management), training materials and supporting materials based on relevant insights in market trends and evolving customer needs.
- Build internal and external network of relevant stakeholders to strengthen species specific technical-commercial insights and reinforce an active CPN EU image.
- Higher Education or University degree / Animal Science, Veterinary Science, or equivalent through relevant industry experience.
- Over 3 years demonstrated expertise and proven track record in animal nutrition and/or husbandry, either in Sales or Technology.
- Strong agricultural business acumen.
- Demonstrated success in value-based sales.
- Proven track record in customer relation management.
- Demonstrated nutritional and farm management advisory and training skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Self-starter, but team player.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch, German and English, both written and verbal
- International Travel 30% Our Offer In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today. Follow us on LinkedIn: Job