- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a Technician I, Remote Care at Abbott in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. There are 12 open positions.
As Technician I, Remote Care you will work in a call center environment under close and direct supervision on defined work assignments while following established procedures. You will exercises basic customer service and technical skills in response to remote monitoring inquiries and complaints from health care professionals, Abbott field personnel, patients, and various internal departments.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Answer inquiries regarding technical issues and/or complaints, as well as adverse events by identifying and collecting information from callers. This must be done using active and clear note-taking; accurately and thoroughly reporting callers’ product experiences.
- Triage calls and seeks guidance from other personnel for further assistance when appropriate.
- Product support topics include website navigation, mobile device support, telecommunication connectivity, information, set-up, and approved troubleshooting for Abbott-proprietary remote care products.
- After-hours, “on call” support (rotating among other department employees), following outlined protocols to answer questions from, and troubleshoot with, customers and Abbott field personnel.
- Consistently meet department’s performance expectations
- Complete required trainings and certifications, as needed.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to Abbott company policies, operating procedures and work instructions, including time management, attendance, product experience reporting, and patient data privacy
- Maintain professional, positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors. Within the department, works with other employees to maintain adequate availability for customer support.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned. Overtime may be required.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
- High school diploma is required. Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree are preferred.
- Experience in a customer service, product support, IT, telecommunications or related role are preferred.
- Fully bilingual with verbal fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Medical device technical support experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, to include active note-taking while on calls and supporting multiple callers at a time
- Prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
Puerto Rico Arecibo : Santana Industrial Park Interior Lot A, Road #2, Km 67.5
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- call center
- customer service
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.