- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
T his Test Analyst role is for a self-motivated individual with excellent test planning and design skills with extensive experience in test execution. Candidate will work closely with other Engineers, Testers, and DevOps engineers to help us deliver quality software in a reliable and predictable manner using manual and automated tests. Candidate will perform software testing as a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality assurance function using quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity of software solutions. Candidate will also provide support to Project Manager and Business Analysts during acceptance testing, including test script walkthroughs, document testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
· Work in collaboration with Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand requirements and agree on acceptance criterion. Plan, design and develop test script, take ownership of end to end testing delivery.
· Execute manual and automated tests, provide test execution status reports.
· Ensure software solution meets business requirements.
· Detect, document and report bugs and errors encountered.
· Facilitate high quality software deliveries by applying business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and procedures.
· Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts, support user acceptance testing and sign offs.
· Create and maintain high quality documentation.
· Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Required experience and skills:
· Minimum eight years of professional experience in testing domain, preferably in banking/insurance sector.
· Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes. Experience with a broad range of testing practices.
· Domain knowledge of front-office trading - pricing and execution platforms for Derivatives products - FX Options, Rates and Commodities.
· Deep understanding of trade lifecycle, trade booking models, trade pricing and execution workflows, new product onboarding.
· Extensive experience with test automation tools and frameworks - Cucumber for Java, Selenium.
· Knowledge of REST and SOAP based web services standards, messaging models. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP. Experienced in API testing.
· Strong proficiency in collaboration tools like Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Microsoft Office suite.
· Programming experience in Java, experience in other programming languages will also be considered
· Strong experience in SQL, Unix scripting, Git.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment.
· Good understanding of build automation tools - Maven 3, Gradle, experienced in setting up CICD pipelines in Jenkins.
· Experience in Performance Testing tools.
· Experience with various messaging middleware technologies - Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, Tibco EMS.
· Knowledge of Java script, CSS, Web sockets, Experience with Web UI frameworks - Angular, React JS.
· Good understanding of distributed computing, exposure to Spark and Hadoop ecosystem.
· Experience with log, metrics aggregation and analytics toolkits - ELK stack.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.