- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Dar es Salaam
The Cluster Trade and Marketing Manager has the overall Cluster responsibility for the activities related to direction setting, market Intelligence, products and charges and marketing of the ocean and VAS products within scope. S/he operates at a tactical and an executional level with a near-term perspective of translating direction from Centre TnM to Cluster Level, driving the Cluster Market Plan and Cluster Action plan together with primarily Cluster Sales to deliver the targets for top line growth and bottom-line profitability. S/ he is also responsible of coordinating with the different product owners to support the sales organization and increase our LnS proposition.
You will report to Sealand Cluster Manager and be located in Valencia.
As a member of the Iberia leadership team, the Cluster Trade & Marketing Manager will primarily be accountable for delivery and optimization of yield and volume and will act as the key focal for the Cluster MD, various key Centre functions (Trades, Revenue Management, Marketing and product owners), the sales organization as well as the Liner Operations Centre (LOC)/ Uptake Management (UTM) functions. S/he will also be the strategic and tactical sparring partner on pricing, business & product development, market feedback and key marketing activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant market with a team of highly engaged and professional colleagues. Iberia cluster has a motivating environment where commitment and vision have led the organization successfully through a cultural transformation. In this role, the Cluster T&M Manager will further their strategic, people management and leadership capabilities. S/he will gain thorough understanding of the market and customer drivers, trade and product knowledge as well as experience how to drive a performance culture. S/ he will also have the responsibility to manage all the global and local LnS services (Intermodal, CHB, warehousing, SCM, Value Protect…) in coordination with product owners both in CPH and locally. S/ he will also be an instrumental part of our digital transformation journey, in particular with the way we set and disseminate our prices to the market (Sealand spot).
Leading a small team, the Cluster Trade & Marketing Manager will manage the development of relevant, timely and high-impact campaigns, initiatives and sales materials to support sales target achievement. S/he will work with Centre Trades to establish cost-effective and commercial-competitive products in consideration of mother vessel and feeder network opportunities. In addition, s/he will build and communicate local market intelligence to realize cluster business plans as well as be responsible of setting market relevant rates that allow us to deliver on our budget for all products: ocean and VAS.
• Budget setting process in all products
• Cluster Market Plan on how to deliver on our ambitions
• Direction setting
• Focal point for Centre TnM management
• Market intel from Cluster to Centre on product and price.
• Competitive and relevant charges for Cluster
• Sign-off on all marketing activities
• Contingencies and exceptions
• HR responsibility for and coaching of Trade
• Managers, Trade Analysts and Marketing Managers
• Running MLOS to current Standard
• Performance management
• Cluster Trade strategy and result
• Cluster performance weekly/monthly
• Product feedback and development
• Forecast input to Centre
• Sales opportunity generation
• Communication on trade & marketing matters
• Talent attraction, retention and development
We are looking for
• Bachelors degree or above
• Minimum 8 years’ work experience with solid and in-depth knowledge in commercial
• Advanced understanding of marketing levers and models
• Game theory insight and strategic thinking
• Good verbal, written and presentation skills in English
• Experience with communication and marketing disciplines. Able to embed knowledge into strategic and tactical annual market plans
• Able to structure, conduct and facilitate analytical problem solving.
• Manages complex situations in an effective manner
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills
• Good team player with excellent people and stakeholder management skills
• Strong result orientation to stay focused on set goals and results