- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd.
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- The role is to service and expand Trade Credit Singapore’s line of business which includes underwriting renewal and new business submissions.
- The role will include analyzing the risk based on submissions provided by intermediaries and provide quotations for the purpose of binding the risk eventually.
- Ensure underwriting excellence of each assigned account. This will include adherence to the underwriting procedure, review of manuscript wording, underwriting report, and following up update of risk recommendation.
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with clients, producers and service providers.
- Seek / Chase for pipeline / execute strategies.
- Engage in Broker / Client meetings as often as possible to ensure local market presence
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in finance or accounting
- Strong knowledge in financial/credit analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the trade credit space or related experience in the banking and finance industry.
- Independent, able to multi-task and possess initiative to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capabilities to comprehend Mandarin financial and business information
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.