- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trading systems Java Developer - 90226209
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:8 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Trading systems Java Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
The Markets Execution Technology covers all of the front office systems across the whole IB. The main business being Equities and Foreign Exchange. The Equities Technology enables trading/processing/managing equities by several means to our clients and to our internal traders as well.
The business spreads across these business lines: Equity Derivatives, Cash Equities and Futures for various products (stocks, derivates). In order to facilitate all the functionality, there are several front, middle and back office systems.
The front office applications enable Communication with the client (both manual and electronic), Market connectivity (exchanges, brokers), Order and Execution Management Systems (OMS and EMS) and Algo platforms including Smart Order Router (SOR).
The Order Management System (OMS) is the heart for Barclays cash equities trading platform responsible for handling orders and trades worth billions of Euros every trading day. The OMS handles variety of flows starting from manual flow handled by human traders, through electronic trading with limited human intervention, to managing orders and trades in algorithmic trading platform, where algorithms drive all trading decisions.
Blackbird OMS is the company strategic order management platform built as backend messaging application capable of handling millions of messages daily with deployments across the globe (New York, London, Hong-Kong and Tokyo).
As OMS platform for algorithmic trading Blackbird has strict latency and high throughput requirements which is achieved with garbage avoiding implementation and usage of Azul Zing JVM that provide guaranteed garbage collection pauses. Blackbird is built in JAVA 8 SE running on Linux and using Google Protobuf encoded messages over Solace middleware. For less latency and throughput sensitive flows we evaluate deployments using OpenShift/Docker to cloud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
What will you be doing?
• Work on several key systems in Barclays cash equities trading platform, implement business features and technical improvements to meet tight performance requirements
• Learn business behind European cash equities trading and regulations applied on this business together with deep Java technical aspects such as garbage avoiding implementation of trading systems
• Implement mandatory regulatory changes such as Brexit or various European financial instrument regulations
• Cooperate with business analysts, testing teams and developers of other parts of trading platform on local and global scale
• Follow well organized and tight development process following agile/scrum and test driven development principals
• Use fully integrated dev toolset from Attlassian such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, TeamCity as continuous integration tool
• Help application support teams to investigate production issues and do improvements to make the platform stable, maintainable and resilient
What we’re looking for:
• Proficient in writing and refactoring java code
• Java OOP concept and basic Core Java 8 knowledge
• Knowledge of dependency injection framework (spring or guice or HK2)
• Experience with Linux operating systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience using Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
• Experience with messaging systems
• Knowledge of DVCS, namely git
• Familiarity with Attlassian Toolset (Confluence, Jira, Bit Bucket) and some CI tool (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo)
• Experience with Openshift/Docker
Where will you be working?
The role is working in a local team of 5-6 developers. Prague team is part of a global team of more than 20 developers building Barclays’ Markets Execution Order Management Platform. Main focus of Prague team is to deliver features for European trading business and implement required regulations applicable across EMEA region. The team in Prague works mainly with developers in London and partially in New York on the global platform. Team is managed on agile/scrum principles with a combined scrum for London and Prague developers with product owner based in London.
With 120 thousands of employees and over
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.