- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The role of the Transport specialist is to ensure that shipments into or out of Kite NL are handled quickly, safely, and spend is within budget. This might include oversight of transportation equipment, suppliers and personnel who are part of the organization. This professional might also coordinate with outside companies that provide freight services. Familiarity with shipment options, legislation, government regulations, and safety procedures is required, as is knowledge of geography, mathematics, and business systems.
The Transport specialist shall be responsible for the Policies and procedures for transportation operations covering areas of, but not limited to, shipment coordination, checking invoices, planning transport and check of transportation routings. This includes seeking for the fastest and cheapest shipping methods and securing contracts with customers or transportation providers based on that research. Transportation specialist is also responsible for spot pricing and developing safety procedures, as well as making sure that shipping (export) documents are properly prepared.
He/she need to ensure that customer problems are researched and corrected. He/she must stay up-to-date with various regulations including those related but not limited to: hazardous shipments, employee safety, freight classifications, IATA, Customs, AEO, known consigner etc.
- Coordination of operational transport request and bookings, including financial processing.
- Establish quality transportation services per shipment, eliminating risk and solving operational issues immediately when they occur.
- Management and assurance of transport documentation for EU and Non-EU countries that are in place for every shipment. Data and KPI’ s:
- Reporting of all related transport data and transport analytics for Kite pharma EU.
- Participation in KPI development, carry out monitoring and dashboard creation for contracted Logistic service providers.
- Create and share forecast with service providers to ensure the availability of operational capacity for freight services.
- Develop and Maintain Logistics’ key performance measures including measure around spend and cost.
- Manage invoices
- Keep an oversight of our cold chain activities External partner management and continues improvement:
- Together with the logistics manager develop and manage partnerships with external logistical and cold chain service providers.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, quality team and line management.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities. New lanes for product/site or new logistical service provider launch:
- Support shipping and transport validation/qualification.
- Support international trade compliance issues.
- Work collaboratively with both internal & external partners to achieve business goals
- Enforce the corporate compliance as it pertains to transportation of goods domestically and internationally. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years in a Supply Chain or international trade role with experience in cold chain(pharma has the preference), Logistics and Good Distribution Practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP
- Experience in managing transport lanes for international shipments is a MUST
- Air freight experience
- Road experience, preferably Courier shipments
- In depth experience in Microsoft Excel is preferred (tables, arrays, formulas, conditional formatting)
- Experience in ERP systems preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups
- Comfortable in a multicultural, fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities As we extend our global reach, we need colleagues interested in change, in challenge, and in building a new future together.If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us and discover your sense of purpose.
Would you like to know more before you apply? Please visit us at www.kiteamsterdamcareers.com or contact Wiktoria Kobylanska, Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (EMEA), at CareersEU@kitepharma.com.
Only candidates in possession of a valid EU work permit will be considered.
Recruitment agencies: We seldom make use of agencies, and when we do, we have a PSL in place. We would appreciate if you did not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly, since we will not be able to respond to you.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.