- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UI Web Developer - 90229392
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:22 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
UI Web Developer
Our hiring team is responsible for the development of multiple GUI applications within the Credit Risk space. The successful candidate will work in a team of developers covering a portion of these applications. They will contribute to the delivery of a simplified, consolidated HTML5 replacement for these applications while servicing ongoing audit and regulatory requirements
What will you be doing?
• Producing SOLID code with excellent unit test coverage
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity, SpecFlow, Selenium and similar tools
• Recognising, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains.
• Building relationships and trust with Front Office and Middle Office teams, as well as other technology teams
• Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
• Technically strong in the following;
o Experience of C# .Net server side development covering:
o REST Services (ASP.NET WebAPI)
o SQL Server
• Asynchronous code
• Practical knowledge of popular tools e.g. npm, grunt, gulp, karma, jspm.
• System design and architecture
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Development in a scripting language such as Python
• Providing support and resolving issues for systems in production
• Credit Risk business knowledge
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.