- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
WFP Nordic Office is located in Copenhagen in the UN City, which hosts 11 UN organizations. The office raises awareness of the key role of WFP in reaching Zero Hunger and the results achieved together with its Nordic partners.
Our office is looking to fill multiple internship positions in the area of communication and social media outreach. The duration is six months, and will be fromFebruary 4th – August 9th 2019. It is a full time internship.
Working closely with our communications officer and under the supervision of the director of WFP’s Nordic Office, the selected candidates’ main duties will be:
- Maintain and further expand WFP Nordic Office’s online support base through:
- Translating, editing and updating Nordic language websites
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating Nordic language Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Translate and distribute corporate updates, statements and press-releases
- Cooperate on various campaigns and outreach activities
- Host visits and make presentations to students about the work of WFP
- Handle inquiries from students and general public
- Monitor national media on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant media coverage
- Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries
- Monitor trends and issues which impact hunger and food assistance and identify opportunities for WFP to influence public debate on hunger, food aid and development assistance
- Assist in the planning and preparation of visits, meetings and conferences, briefing material and other administrative matters
- Any other duties as required.
- Experience in online communication – with a strong social media knowledge and working experience. Experience from journalism, communication or other information related work is desirable
- Excellent written communication skills in Danish, Finnish or Norwegian – as relevant to the respective country under which you apply
- A good command of written and spoken English - the working language in WFP
- Working experience in national or international organizations, relevant to humanitarian and/or development field
- Experience in outreach/advocacy campaigns and other activities
- Translations – from English into mother tongue and vice versa
- Currently enrolled having completed at least two years of undergraduate studiesorhave recently graduated in the last six months with a BA or MA in Communications or Journalism, International Development or other fields related to communication or humanitarian/development studies.
- Course attendance in the past twelve months.
- Fluency in English and Danish
Terms and conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- In preparation for the internship, you will have a full week of handover with the outgoing group of interns. The dates of the internship are therefore fixed.
Deadline for applications:Sunday 23rd September 2018. Please upload both your CV and cover letter.
VA reference no: 87742
Interviews will be held in English via Skype and are scheduled to take place the last week of September or first week of October. For questions, please contact:
Birgitte Keller Pedersen
World Food Programme
UN City, Marmorvej 51
Tel.: +454533 53 50
For more information on WFP please visit:
Denmark: Website: da.wfp.org / Facebook: www.facebook.com/wfp.da
- social media