- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (Norway branch)
Are you interested in a position in a dynamic and international setting? We are currently looking for an Underwriter for the Nordic Financial Lines team. The position is based in Oslo and will be an important role in the lean Norwegian operation. Your primary focuses will be on portfolio management and new business targeting within the insurance products; Director’s and Officer’s Liability, Crime, Professional Indemnity, Cyber, and EPL on both commercial accounts and financial institutions in a Nordic team of 17 underwriters.
In this role you will contribute to the growth of the Nordic Financial Lines Division by driving the business plans for our Nordic business development through underwriting risks, developing and maintaining relationships with existing brokers and executing the Nordic Financial Lines strategies as well as contributing to the success of AIG Norway. Our readiness to change and adapt to the shifting dynamic of our marketplace and our agile size of operations means that you will have opportunities to develop innovative insurance projects and products.
Start date for this role is flexible but preferably as soon as possible.
- Underwriting and handling of a large and diverse portfolio of accounts on a Nordic level
- Review, analysis and development of insurance conditions, account and portfolio performance
- The role is market and client facing and the person is expected to build relationships with brokers and clients to develop business opportunities. It also involves thought leadership initiatives to increase AIG visibility in the market and promote risks awareness
- Product and business development within targeted segments
- Collaboration with the other profit centers and business functions in Norway on cross sales and client development initiatives
You are a passionate, accountable and proactive person! AIG strives to be a highly client focused organization, something that should be reflected in your social skills, personal structure and high quality in every output of work performed. We are looking for a positive and proactive individual with a great collaborative attitude to be part of the team, contributing to its success. The successful candidate thrives under the challenge of working in a focused, fast pace, international environment. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably within the economic/finance area or legal
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience of Financial Lines underwriting or equivalent experience from the insurance industry
- Strong level of verbal and written Norwegian and English
- Able and willing to network and build relationships both internally and externally
- Good knowledge about financial analysis
- Flexible and problem-solving attitude
- Not afraid of taking own decisions and initiatives
In this recruitment a lot of emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s personality and characteristics.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact;
- Camilla Westh, HRBP and TA Lead, Nordics, +45 91 32 51 47, Camilla.email@example.com
- Hanna Engren, Financial Lines Manager, Norway, +46 70 913 73 31, Hanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application via our online recruiting portal as soon as possible.
Applications are processed continuously. We cannot guarantee processing of applications received outside of the recruitment portal.
Working at AIG
AIG offers you world-class opportunities in a broad range of disciplines. We have +95 years of operational experience, serves 99, 6% of Fortune 500 companies, have customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions and employ more than 65 000 employees. As you might expect, our industry-leading enterprise is made up of underwriters, engineers, actuaries, claims examiners, attorneys and professionals in the finance, HR, marketing, IT, and communications fields. We have industry-focused practices that draw the best and the brightest from the sectors they serve, from construction and aerospace to real estate and human resources.
Your opportunities at AIG are tremendous, as we give you the freedom, resources and support to help map your career path across numerous disciplines and geographies.
At AIG, world-class opportunities translate into exciting careers.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.