- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Clausura: 31/01/2020 About us At Fontem Ventures our purpose is to deliver a better alternative to smokers around the world.
Fontem Ventures is an innovative consumer goods company and, as the owner of the e-vapour brand blu, a leader in vaping technology. Our business is headquartered in Amsterdam with more than 200 employees working across head office and , Fontem US in Charlotte with research labs in Liverpool, Hamburg and Beijing.
We know your time is valuable, that’s why we ask that you read the paragraph below first.
Join a team looking to change the world of smokers! We want passionate leaders who believe in the same values we do, that smokers deserve better alternatives. We’re proud that we offer smokers a better alternative to cigarettes and you should be, too. If not, this just won’t be a good fit for your talents.
Still interested? Then let’s find out what your new job will look like.
The role The design function is at the core, centred between brand, engineering and the consumer experience; helping to translate concepts and business opportunities into tangible and intuitive reality.
One of your central challenges will be to create an experience for users that will step-shift them from offline first-time acquisition to trusting the online environment to make that all important first purchase – but don’t worry you won’t be doing this alone. With the support of the product and brand teams as well as our engineers and your ownpeers of UX and UI designers you will be surrounded by resource to enable you. And once you have conquered that challenge then you will need to start thinking about retention which will likely need to be achieved through a seamless and predictive buying experience that is highly personal.
Lots of great challenges to get your creative mind around and the support of talented colleagues to really spend time developing smart responses.
- Defining and iterating the future design of the brand within a multidisciplinary team of designers, brand marketeers, product developers and engineers.
- Thoughtful consideration for visual design including key areas such as layout, colour and usability
- Translating user needs & requirements into appealing visual designs and functional experiences.
- Deep knowledge of accessibility and application of best practices.
- Maintaining the Style Guide and Design System as used across the business and inside the team
- Working closely with development teams to ensure that designs are properly implemented and tested
- You’ve designed responsive websites, web and native apps that have been taken into production Skills & experience
- Obsessive in creating consumer value
- Expertise in creating Visual and UI design for complex workflows for end users for multiple platforms
- Experience in creation, design and maintenance of a pattern library / UI kit and translating this to a design system
- You use Sketch for designing, Adobe Creative Suite for editing or illustrating, and you’re comfortable with animation led tools like Framer or Principle.
- Experience with backlog-tools such as JIRA & Confluence
- Experience with development-teams. We do not expect you to code, but we want you to understand what’s possible, and what the technical impact of certain design decisions may be. Front-end skills are always appreciated!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to give well thought out, balanced rationale for design decisions, providing clear design guidance and actionable suggestions and alternatives.
- Ability to influence senior-level stakeholders and debate with the team, Product Management, Development and Quality Assurance.
- Fluency in best practices for user interface design, and proven experience with interaction design or user experience workflows