- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
VP, Cyber Defence Centre Systems & Content Integration About Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of Technology Services.
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protects the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, we have augmented the capabilities of our Cyber Defence Centre, by establishing a dedicated function to integrate content and systems into the analyst's workbench and to optimise the signal to noise ratio of our detection use cases. This function is critical to ensuring that the Cyber Defence Centre continues to uplift its detection and response maturity.
- Responsible for bringing together the various products and components that make up the Cyber Defence analyst's detection, response and investigation workbench, and to influence the design and implementation of them.
- Investigate the product and content issues reported and work with the respective product owners to prioritise and remediate them.
- Responsible for identifying automation opportunities within the team, in terms of detection, response and investigation capabilities, and drive the implementation of them.
- Establish and maintain the sign-off criteria for new detection use cases, and work with the respective teams to on-board them into production.
- Lead the team to continuously improve the accuracy and fidelity of our detection use cases, analyse and categorise the false positives and work with the Security Monitoring & Analytics Team to optimise them.
- Have full oversight of the detection use cases triggered, which ones led to security incidents, and identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop the strategic integration plan beyond the integration within CDC and STS, identify opportunities to integrate Data Leakage, Fraud and Property monitoring capabilities.
People and Talent
- Identify and attract the right talent to continuously uplift the capability and maturity of the function.
- Coach/mentor the fellow team members, and identify development plans, based on their skill gaps.
- Provide support on audit, risk and regulatory engagements related to the Cyber Defence Centre.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Security Technology Services - Service Managers (Heads), Product Managers, Domain Architects
- Technology Services - Service Managers (Heads), Product Managers
- Group CISO, Group Operational Risk & other Risk and Control Teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- ISC 2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering Professional)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
- directors and executives