- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
VP, Development Lead, Pricing, Transaction Banking Technology, GTOPosting Date: 05-Nov-2019
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Responsible for all aspects of software development and support (L3) for multiple applications from functional specifications to production implementation and post implementation support; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors.
• Directly build, manage and lead a team focused on delivering world-class, highly available system capabilities.
• Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
• Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
• Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
• Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
• Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
• Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
• Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
• Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
• Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
• Lead application development and support vendor identification, evaluation, and selection to staff project delivery roles that meet delivery standards across quality, throughput, and budgetary/return-on-investment goals
• Own direct accountability for overall project/program delivery of your capability teams and vendors, ensuring the successful execution and delivery of projects that meet scope, timing, and cost goals
• Collaborate with capability and enterprise architects to leverage enterprise standards, and drive Company's application portfolios toward a simpler, more streamlined set of platforms
• Manage overall operational stability of the applications supporting Company's businesses
• Partner with enterprise architects to deliver technical innovations in support of emerging business needs and progressing these ideas from concepts to experiments to scaled models, with focus on flexibility, re-use, high availability and overarching extensibility
• Plan project efforts to upgrade, enhance and maintain systems at supported release levels
• Prior IT experience implementing large scale, highly available applications or other large program implementation.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies
• Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) are necessary
• Experience of banking projects implementation particularly in Open systems project particularly in area of cash management, pricing/deal and billing management would be preferred.
• 8 to 10 or more years of experience gathering business needs and creating into workable outcomes
• 8 to 10 or more years experience in business process and/or technology implementation
• 5 or more years experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
• 5 or more years experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
• 5 or more years experience at a manager level in a multi-channel brand business environment
• Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
• Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills is a must
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
Essential Technical Skill :- • 5-8 years' experience with Unix operating systems (AIX, Linux, etc.), shell scripting, Java, WebLogic/WebSphere, Oracle, MQ, and IBM Connect:Direct
• Experience writing SQL scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
• Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
• Experience implementing OS and Database upgrades
• Interfaces and Messaging systems
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.