- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Wolf SQL Developer - 90225707
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:8 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Wolf SQL Developer
Czech Republic, Prague
The ‘Risk, Finance and Treasury’ department is part of Investment Bank Technology and Change organization and is responsible for delivering the risk management systems that has enabled Barclays Investment Bank (IB) to become a top tier franchise.
While proud to be a best-in-class technology organisation, as evidenced by our many industry awards, meeting the priorities over the next 5-10 years requires a shift in approach and engineering our technology platforms. Staying the same, while the world changes around us, is not an option. The business is looking to us to drive new solutions and sustainable outcomes.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
The person hired will be responsible for owning database part of our in-house workflow engine (called Wolf). Wolf project is being used for multiple large scale multi-year projects which bring a considerable increase in the complexity of the market data simulation and trade pricing methodologies, and subsequently poses new performance challenges.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing the database components, optimizing their performance and coming up with new features, She or he will be a senior developer within Wolf team responsible for all aspects of the development process, including technical design, implementation, code-reviews, testing, production deployment, and support with the focus on database.
This is a challenging role requiring strong technical skills and problem solving abilities well suited for a candidate who is motivated by the opportunity to build quality solutions in a technical environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic opportunity to work within a driven, like-minded team using a mix of different technologies with wide user base across the globe.
What will you be doing?
• Ownership of database component of Wolf
• Design of appropriate solutions within defined remit.
• Hands-on VS development for SQL Server (T-SQL, SPs, functions, optimization, query plan tuning etc.)
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity and internal testing frameworks
• Full participation in Kanban software delivery process backed by Jira/Git/Bitbucket tooling with strong emphasis on code reviews and team collaboration
What we’re looking for:
• Strong ability to understand complex systems with a large number of interacting components
• Extensive SQL Server experience covering
o Stored procedures, functions
o Optimization using query plan
• Strong appreciations of SOLID design principles and its effective application in practice
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Automation / DevOps
• Agile development (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Providing support and resolving issues for systems in production
Skills that will help you in the role:
• C# Experience is a big benefit as Wolf is written in C#
• Development in scripting language such as Python
• Experience with Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana, distributed systems (e.g. Data Synapse, NServiceBus) and messaging (e.g. Solace, RabbitMQ)
• Cross-region team experience
• Experience with rule based driven processing, ideally, within financial services business domain
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.